How I'm Losing Weight and Toning up (without bulking up)

So, I've been at this heath and fitness for quite a while now. I eat mostly plant based and workout roughly 5 times a week and I've consistently kept up this lifestyle for about 4 years now. 



I have an ever evolving interest in different sorts of exercise, from boxercise to yoga to HIIT to name but a few. Every couple weeks I tend to shake up the sort of workout routine I follow in order to keep my body on it's toes and ensuring I'm attacking all muscles in order to keep up my progress. 

I'm not your typical gym bunny and find working out at home more suited to myself, these videos are like partaking in professional workout classes without the cost and at a time and place of your own convenience. Below I have listed my current workout playlist that I follow on youtube:

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Xyb2h_KHo

This Simone De La Rue HIIT workout is pretty insane but is a good allrounder (some days I just do this video or some days I cut out the high intensity sections and focus on the muscle toning sections - depending on how I'm feeling/how much time I have). The workout is divided up into 6 sections which are as follows:
(Warm up)
Cardio 
Arms
Cardio 
Legs and bum 
Cardio 
Core
(Stretch out) 






After getting my blood pumping and muscles all warmed up in the previous video I tend to focus on: 

Legs and bum 

(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6f4KzFx6_8




Abs 





(3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCt69XAUKA

For the second section of the workout I have really been loving Alexis Ren's routines. They are pretty low intensity but still keep a steady muscle burn throughout so you know that the exercises are definitely working in toning you. 

When working on a muscle group I am aware that it is some people's style to focus on one muscle group for the whole workout but this simply doesn't suit me and I get very bored very easily, hence why I like to maintain a well rounded full body routine and not spending more than roughly 10 minutes on any muscle group at any time. As I am not interested in building serious muscle, just some toning my workout preferences suit this aesthetic goal perfectly. 

(4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6I6vs1EFs


or

(5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTsdbf81W8



or

(6) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_W49tWhVys



Finally, I finish on a  yoga video which allows me to stretch my muscles out in order to aid in preventing sore muscles the following day. For this part I do change out this sections of the workout pretty much daily however I can say that I stick to Boho Beautiful yoga videos on youtube as not only does she create videos for all abilities but her backgrounds are absolutely breathtaking! Above I have listed the links to a few of my favourite videos of hers. 

(This workout works out to be roughly 1hr 10 mins)

This workout coupled with a well balanced diet (blog post to come) is great for feeling and looking amazing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment