What I Eat In a Day to Lose Weight but Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle

I am a creature of habit and tend to eat similar foods on a daily basis for a prolonged period of time, like I've previously mentioned, I try to eat as plant based as possible however have re-introduced a few animal based foods that I have found very beneficial to my heath as well as the foods being responsibly sourced themselves. 



Below is listed my meal plan that I am (loosely) following currently:

Breakfast 

For breakfast I tend to eat porridge every day. What goes on the porridge does vary depending on what foods I have in my pantry at the time, however my most popular choice is banana, peanut butter, chia seeds and chocolate chips (it must be noted that I still indulge in sweet foods most days, the only thing to remember with 'unhealthy' foods is that moderation is key!) 



Lunch 

When I'm home I will tend to eat avocado and eggs on toast for lunch. This meal provides me with healthy fats, carbohydrates as well as protein! 

(When on the go I will take a couple of healthy bars with me eg. nakd/go ahead bars as well as well as dried apricots and an assortment of nuts in order to keep me fuelled for the day). 



Tea 

For my last meal of the day, I tend to keep I quite light as my two previous meals provide me most of the bulk of food I'll eat for the day. My evening meal will consist of 2-4 vegetable groups and a vegetable main/fish or vegan meat.  



Snack

I do enjoy a snack during the day and I try to reach for smoothies when these urges hit as I'm able to get several fruits/vegetables in one drink that gives me the sugar hit I'm craving. 
Smoothie recipes I reach for are:
Banana and spinach 
Banana and blueberry
Banana and strawberry 
(this list are my favourites but by no means exhaustive)
All of these smoothies have added cinnamon to aid in the hit of sugar you get after drinking smoothies as cinnamon regulates blood sugar levels.  



*I tend to drink two almond milk iced coffees a day 

I would like to note that I practice intuitive eating as well as intermittent fasting. I eat what I want (within reason) and don't count calories as well as follow a 8/16 fasting cycle. (This is obviously an ideal plan that I do follow most days however I do like to indulge myself from time to time - hence the intuitive eating element).

My eating habits have taken years to hone however I am well and truly mentally and physically satisfied by the foods I eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment