Winter Favourites


It is nearly Christmas and I would just like to point out 4 of my favourite things about winter (but more importantly Christmas)

1) As delicious as Christmas food is, my body does not appreciate the influx of carbs, or Christmas junk food in general for that matter. Even though the weather may remain my arch nemesis – wearing woolly jumpers and jeans every day is my dream! Not only does this hide a multitude of sins, but look pretty damn cute in photos. 

2) Fairy lights can work miracles in and turn any bedroom into a warm and cosy magical world. Trust me, I own several sets that line my walls (the electricity bill may contradict this magical world when the added numbers firmly plant my feet back into reality). But never the less, fairly lights are magic!
3) The amazing Christmas drinks! I am self admittedly a caffeine addict, don’t get me wrong, I have made great efforts in order to rectify the problem, but when you think about all the vanilla and toffee lattes to be sampled – is this really a problem?

4) Moisturiser! Moisturiser! Moisturiser! As I have mentioned before, one of my Holy Grail products is the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream, this alongside several other products allows my skin to combat the winter chill. Another favourite of mine is Carmex, not just one particular product but the brand itself. My lips remain my enemy at the best of times and keeping my lips moisturised is a daily struggle in extreme weather conditions. (Living in England means that extreme weather conditions are an all year round struggle).

As jumbled as these favourites are, I could go on and on, however my schedule would prevent me from doing do – that final pre-Christmas grind! Am I right? Despite my ever growing age I still remain more excited for Christmas than the children of my family, but I don’t see a problem with this.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and remain safe over the festive period! (I’m talking to you, all the party goers!)

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment