Holy Grail Beauty Product

A product that I've been amazed by is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hand Cream, it claims to be an “Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment” and in my opinion that’s an understatement of the wonders this product does!



I started using it last winter as I suffer from moderately dry hands in cold conditions, so living in the UK means it’s become an all year round staple, since using this product I’ve not touched another hand cream because of the brilliant long lasting moisturising effect the product offers for the whole day, like it claims to.

I’ll be the first to admit that there are cheaper hand creams on the market but none of them even come close to the quality of the Elizabeth Arden hand cream, with it retailing at £26.00 for 75ml. 
In terms of practicality the bottle is slim meaning that it’s just great for throwing into any bag when in a rush and the consistency of the product is thick and when it’s rubbed in there’s no feel of a watery residue as all of the product is absorbed almost immediately.

The smell is a point that tends to be either loved or hated, in my opinion I love it because it has a sense of richness about it especially when I use it in the winter. The smell originates from its previous use as Miss Arden used it to treat her horse’s bruises and the idea of the 8 hours came from a woman telling her it healed her son’s grazed knee in 8 hours. Due to it's natural origins of it being used on horses it's even great for people with sensitive skin like myself as the formulation hasn't been changed since it was created in 1930!

The following extract was taken from the website link: http://www.elizabetharden.co.uk/eight-hour-cream/miracle-cream/

“Petrolatum: A universally acknowledged intensive moisturizer that also soothes and protects the skin.
Salicylic Acid: A beta hydroxy acid pioneered by Elizabeth Arden over seventy years ago. It gently exfoliates to encourage smoother skin.
Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate): Acts as an antioxidant to help protect the skin from free-radical damage. It is easily absorbed by the skin and has soothing properties.”

Also taken from the same link, just to justify my positive opinion, the 8 hour range had won the following awards:

“Cosmetic Executive Women UK: Beauty Insiders' Choice Winner 2012
Debenhams Beauty Club Award Winner 2012
Woman & Home Magazine: Best in Beauty Award 2012
Cosmopolitan Magazine Beauty Awards: Best Lip Balm 2012”





I agree with all of these claims as a first hand user of the product I can safely say that it well and truly does wonders for dry skin, it’s been in my makeup bag for roughly a year and I imagine to still be using it until it’s discontinued! 

No comments:

Post a Comment